Scaling sustainably: how scaleups can balance a growing footprint with a growing business3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Role type: Permanent
BGF has built the world’s most active growth capital investment platform, established to help growing SMEs across the UK. Since raising £2.5bn in 2011, we have backed more than 430 businesses and 42,000 jobs, investing over £2.8bn of patient capital.
Our portfolio now includes well-known brands including Gymbox, Gousto, Seasalt, Sophia Webster, Giggling Squid and Joe & Seph’s.
With over 180 talented staff operating from a network of 16 offices, we invest at all stages of growth, from early to quoted, and across all industries.
We are seeking an experienced corporate lawyer with investment experience to join our team to be based in either our Birmingham or London office. Could this be you?
The BGF Legal team is seeking experienced corporate lawyers with investment experience. This role sits within a strategic and integrated in-house legal team at the world’s most active growth capital investor. The role is varied and dynamic working alongside the Investment team and wider business at all levels.
- Providing support to the Investment team on a range of investment matters. Deals are executed by external lawyers with the in-house lawyer supporting deal teams on early discussions, BGF technical requirements and providing guidance to external lawyers
- Ensuring the holistic delivery of legal support to the Investment team by identifying themes and issues impacting investors/transactions
- Identifying, developing and delivering legal training for the Investment team
- Working closely with the COO, Compliance and Finance teams providing advice or facilitating external advice on any aspect of the BGF business or other strategic matters
- Keeping BGF standard legal documents up to date
- Advising internal stakeholders on contracts with BGF suppliers
Key skills & experience:
- Experienced corporate lawyer. PQE: minimum of 6 years with no maximum*
- Proven track record of advising growth/private equity investors
- Some experience of working in-house (including on secondment) desirable but not essential
- *We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who can demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. This role could suit a lawyer with significantly more experience looking for a different challenge
- Flexible and part-time working arrangements will be considered
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion:
BGF is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, age, nationality or socio-economic background. As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide personal information related to diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept completely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment processes and implement the necessary interventions that promote greater equity, diversity, and inclusiveness.