Scaling sustainably: how scaleups can balance a growing footprint with a growing business3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Job title: Portfolio Analyst
Department: Investment (Quoted)
Role type: Permanent
BGF has built the world’s most active growth capital investment platform, established to help growing SMEs across the UK. Since raising £2.5bn in 2011, we have backed more than 430 businesses and 42,000 jobs, investing over £2.8bn of patient capital.
Our portfolio now includes well-known brands including Gymbox, Gousto, Seasalt, Sophia Webster, Giggling Squid and Joe & Seph’s.
With over 180 talented staff operating from a network of 16 offices, we invest at all stages of growth, from early to quoted, and across all industries.
To support the BGF Quoted team with key responsibilities oriented towards the existing portfolio
- Investee performance tracking: Updating of c40 portfolio company financial projections as a result of daily news flow
- Portfolio news analysis: Highlight key risk areas arising from portfolio company results, as well as news arising from comparable peers in sector
- Growth portfolio insight: To act as the lead in gleaning insight from the data generated from the monthly management accounts received for Growth portfolio holdings
- Performance analysis: To act as the lead in quantitative fund / portfolio analysis (e.g. portfolio performance, attribution, liquidity, relative risk, return and valuation profile)
- Portfolio reporting: To act as the lead in producing internal and external periodic reporting to summarise performance, composition analysis, valuations and estimated outcomes
- AGM voting: To support team in determination and execution of GM voting intentions
- Trade settlements: to work with team in support of efficient, accurate and compliant post trade settlement process
Key skills & experience:
- Financially literate, ideally with accounting background, preferably post two years qualified. If from a non-accounting background, then minimum three years’ experience in equity research teams or a job requiring proficiency at financial analysis.
- Deep intellectual curiosity and interest in economic trends
- Strong analytical skills, high aptitude for numbers and attention to detail
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills required
- Willingness and ability to work in time-pressured environment
- Broad understanding of statistical methods an advantage
- Comfortable drawing pragmatic conclusions from data
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion:
BGF is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, age, nationality or socio-economic background. As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide personal information related to diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept completely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment processes and implement the necessary interventions that promote greater equity, diversity, and inclusiveness