LSE 1,000 companies announced
Now in its fourth year, LSE Group 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain has gained real prominence among UK businesses. The report continues to identify the United Kingdom’s most dynamic SMEs and high growth potential companies across sectors and regions, highlighting the best of British small business. Not only are we very proud to continue to support the initiative, but we are also delighted that BGF itself features in this year’s list.
This year’s report highlights that 1,000 companies are growing at an exceptional average rate of 70% a year, higher than the average of 50% last year.
A full searchable database of all of the companies along with a downloadable pdf of the publication can be found here.
The report in numbers:
- Fast-growing companies appear across all UK regions, with over half of the companies from outside of the South East
- 35% of companies in the report come from the Northern Powerhouse and Midlands Engine regions
- Scottish companies continue to be the fastest growing with 91% annual average revenue growth
- Composition of companies demonstrates high growth in both traditional industries and more recent economic success stories; highest number of companies in Engineering and Construction sector with 134, followed by Financial Services with 82
- Real Estate is the fastest growing sector with an average annual revenue growth rate of more than 100%, closely followed by Engineering and Construction at 91%
- Companies operating in Engineering and Construction, Financial Services and Marketing and Advertising all growing at an average of more than 90% per year
- Number of retailers featured in the report up by 13%, indicative of resilient consumer spending. Companies include Monica Vinader, Oliver Bonas and Loaf.
- UK’s reputation as a centre for high tech industry underlined by a 20% increase in the number of SMEs drawn from the IT industry
Business funding news
BGF invests £30 million in Yorkshire and North East in active H1
BGF has invested £30 million in Yorkshire and the North East in the first half of 2021, cementing its commitment…
BGF sees business confidence grow in 2021 with close to £33m invested in Scottish firms so far
Throughout the last six months, the investment team for Scotland has invested close to £33 million across 10 Scottish growth…