Scaling sustainably: how scaleups can balance a growing footprint with a growing business3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Funding businesses in Cambridge
DefiniGEN closed a £3.25m funding round in 2020, including £2m from BGF, alongside its existing investors led by 24Haymarket.
- DefiniGEN is a spin-out from the University of Cambridge, creating highly predictive disease cell models for preclinical research and drug development.
- BGF's funding is being used to broaden DefiniGEN's gene-editing capabilities and expand into the US.
BGF invested £2m in MIP Diagnostics as part of a co-investment with Mercia Asset Management, Downing Ventures and Calculus Capital.
- MIP Diagnostics was originally founded in 2015 as a spin out from the University of Leicester Chemistry Department to commercialise the ground-breaking advancements in nano MIP technology.
- The funding will be used to accelerate its global expansion and scale-up its manufacturing capacity.
BGF invested £4m in PredictImmune as part of a joint funding package with Cambridge Innovation Capital, Cambridge Enterprise and Parkwalk.
- The company specialises in the development of pioneering prognostic tools for guiding treatment of immune-mediated diseases such as Crohn’s disease.
- The investment will support PredictImmune’s international commercial operations and its continued development of new tools.
We are thrilled to be strengthening our presence in Cambridge, in response to the volume of interesting businesses we see in the region. Cambridge is a clear hub for innovation across a broad array of sectors, and we are excited to be partnering with local teams at the forefront of their fields.
Business funding news from Cambridgeshire
Fluidic Analytics secures £24m funding
Fluidic Analytics, a Cambridge-based life sciences business, has secured a £24m funding package to continue its research and development plans…
DefiniGEN secures £3.25 million in funding to fast-track growth
DefiniGEN – a provider of human cell products and services – has closed a £3.25 million funding round to accelerate…