What we doGrowth funding
BGF makes investments from an evergreen balance sheet. As we’re not a traditional investment fund, we don’t have deadlines for generating returns or exits. We can be a long-term investor where the pace of growth in your business is set by you.
You’re in control
- We will always be a minority partner
- No funding cycles or exit deadlines
- Initial investments typically between £1m and £15m
- Follow-on funding supports new growth opportunities
- Strengthen your balance sheet and ignite new growth
- Mix of equity and loan notes into your business or out to existing shareholders
All stages of growth
- From earlier-stage or ventures to more established SMEs and quoted companies
- Follow on funding allows us to invest through all these stages
- Global network of business leaders, sector specialists and other investors
- Support on everything from commercial insight, interim leadership, to a seat on the board
Investment as it should be
Our approach begins with listening to management teams, rather than making assumptions. We’re passionate about your business goals, and the type of support you find most valuable.
You might plan to grow your business over the long-term, with no plans to sell the company or to exit in a shorter time horizon. Whatever your goal, we do what we can to help CEOs and management teams achieve the ideal outcome for their business.
Invested since 2011
Most active investor in Europe
Recycled capital from exit records
Companies backed since 2011
Most active growth capital investor in the world
Exits including 5 spin outs
Average initial investment
Business funding news
BGF leads funding round into Bramble Energy
Bramble Energy, the world’s most scalable hydrogen fuel cell company has raised...
BGF announces multi-million investment in Croom Precision Medical...
BGF has closed a multi-million euro investment in Croom Precision Medical which...
Looking for funding?
Want to join some of the nation's most ambitious and successful companies? We're always looking for the next brilliant business to back.Tell us about your business