What we doGrowth funding
BGF is a different kind of investor, dedicated to supporting growth and value creation in entrepreneurial companies.
We exist to inspire business leaders, innovators and value creators to build strong, sustainable businesses.
A minority investor, always
- Our equity share is typically between 10-40%
- The company remains in control with BGF acting as a junior partner alongside management teams and shareholders
- We initially invest between £1m and £15m, with significant follow-on funding as required
- No exit deadlines or drag rights – exits are driven by the shareholders, not BGF
- We provide a mix of equity and loan notes for growth and/or cash out to existing shareholders
- We can invest alongside bank debt and co-invest with other partners
All stages of growth
- We invest in a range of companies, from earlier stage SMEs of £1m revenues, to those with £100m+ revenues, and across all sectors
Valuable network and in house expertise
- Access to a global network of business leaders, sector specialists and other investors
- BGF can help with strengthening boards, succession planning, exit strategies & exit processes
Investment as it should be
Our approach begins with listening to management teams, rather than making assumptions. We’re passionate about your business goals, and the type of support you find most valuable.
You might plan to grow your business over the long-term, with no plans to sell the company or to exit in a shorter time horizon. Whatever your goal, we do what we can to help CEOs and management teams achieve the ideal outcome for their business.
Invested since 2011
Most active investor in Europe
Recycled capital from exit records
Companies backed since 2011
Most active growth capital investor in the world
Exits including 5 spin outs
Average initial investment
Business funding news
BGF backs ROI for future growth
BGF has announced a further £4 million investment in fast-growth, lead generation...
BGF invests £4.25m in Derbyshire house builder
Woodall Group, the owner of Midlands’ house builder Woodall Homes, has received...
Looking for funding?
Want to join some of the nation's most ambitious and successful companies? We're always looking for the next brilliant business to back.Tell us about your business