Funding the Future: unlocking capital to power the growth we need12:00 am - 1:00 pm
BGF’s Talent Network supports the growth of businesses across the UK & Ireland
Matching ambitious companies with the brightest individuals
Appointment success stories from across the UK and Ireland
BGF invested £4m into double Queen's award-winner, DriveWorks to support international expansion.
- DriveWorks, headquartered in Warrington, works with manufacturing and engineering businesses to provide innovative design automation and 3D sales product configuration software solutions.
- Sharon Baylay, current chair of BGF-backed Unique Digital, was appointed as non-executive chair following an introduction by BGF's Talent Network team. Sharon is a former main board director at Microsoft UK and former marketing director at BBC. She is also senior independent director - Restore plc and non-executive director and ESG chair - Hyve Group plc. Sharon also acts as a coach to a number of senior leaders.
BGF invested £6m in UNRVLD to support its organic and acquisitive growth strategy.
- UNRVLD is an award-winning digital agency with offices in Cardiff, Manchester and London, offering extensive services across Customer Experience, digital strategy, search marketing, CRO and more.
- BGF's Talent Network team helped place Paul Heywood as non-executive director and currently serves as chief revenue officer at Puppet and is a partner at US strategic growth and investment firm, York IE. Paul is a widely referenced industry authority, having been featured across platforms such as Forbes, BBC World News, The Next Web and The Wall Street Journal.
BGF completed a multi-million-pound investment in Stark to expand the businesses product offering both in the UK and internationally.
- Stark collects, processes, assures and distributes data representing around 20 per cent of the UK’s electricity supply, every day. It serves over 30,000 organisations including large energy users, intermediaries, and energy suppliers
- Steve Jennings, current NXD at BGF-backed Cornwall Insight, was appointed NXD at completion following an introduction by BGF’s Talent Network team. Steve was previously the Head of Power and Utilities at PwC.
£10.25m invested in Jola, an award-winning mobile data specialist
- BGF's backing will support continued growth of the channel partner base and the introduction of new products and capabilities.
- Martin Harriman was introduced to Jola through BGF’s experienced Talent Network Team, joining the board as non-executive director. Martin is a former main board director, O2 and former head of Telefonica's global consumer Internet of Things business based in Madrid. He is also non-executive chair - Waveoptics, non-executive chair - Community Fibre Ltd. and senior independent director - Cambridge Communication Systems.
Our EFD Programme
Our market leading EFD programme is our network of Experienced Finance Directors and CFOs with whom we work on a consultancy basis both across the portfolio and when reviewing new investment opportunities. If you are an experienced CFO interested in following a consultancy, plural or non-executive career, then our EFD programme could be for you!Find out more
Talent Network news
Genflow appoints Chris Underhill as non-executive chair
Last month we announced an exciting investment of $11 million into Genflow, a management service and tech platform used by…