Helping businesses across Northern Ireland
Since 2017, BGF has held a minority stake in Bob & Berts, an artisan coffee shop chain.
- Founded in 2013 in Portstewart, the company’s unique style has proved popular with customers, allowing it to steadily expand.
- Bob & Berts now boasts 25 locations across Northern Ireland and Scotland, including a flagship store in Belfast city centre which opened in 2018.
BGF has invested in the family-owned housebuilder Braidwater since 2015.
- The company, which designs and builds family homes across Northern Ireland, was the first in the region to receive funding from BGF.
- In 2019, the business confirmed a merger with sister company BW Homes & Construction, becoming Braidwater Group.
BGF invested £10m in RiverRidge Recycling, the largest independent waste management operator in Northern Ireland.
- The company treats over 400,000mt of waste each year on behalf of local authorities, commercial businesses and individual households.
- BGF's investment has helped drive organic growth and acquisitions, building a business that employs over 200 people.
BGF’s new office reflects our on-going commitment to Northern Ireland, and long-term approach to backing businesses… I believe there is the opportunity to invest further in Northern Ireland because the quality of companies here is second to none."
Get investment in Northern Ireland
From our Belfast office, we are investing in businesses across Northern Ireland. We’re always on the lookout for companies determined to grow and improve; if yours fits the bill then get in touch. BGF can provide the capital, knowledge and patience to help your business achieve its goals.
Northern Ireland business funding news
Bob & Berts opens first store in Magherafelt
Independent coffee & food chain Bob & Berts is set to open its first store in Magherafelt in an investment…
Braidwater announces merger to form Braidwater Group
Successful Northern Ireland-based house builder Braidwater has announced that it is to merge with its sister company BW Homes &…