Backing businesses in Cardiff and across South Wales
In 2015, BGF invested £10m in the Brecon-based BVG Group
- BVG is a multichannel retailer specialising in clothing, footwear, homeware and garden products.
- It sells through channels such as mail order, newspaper offers, ecommerce, B2B distribution and online marketplace partners.
BGF backs DevOpsGroup, a UK professional services company based in Cardiff
- The business, which received £3m of funding from BGF in 2018, specialises in training and consultancy to help companies achieve IT modernisation.
- The investment was used to acquire another Cardiff business, the training organisation Agile Snap, in a move that has expanded DevOpsGroup’s training capabilities.
In 2016, BGF invested £2m in the liquid waste management firm Wales Environmental
- This funding, along with £1.75m provided simultaneously by HSBC, has allowed the Cardiff-headquartered business to continue its growth, both organically and through acquisitions.
We provide patient capital to businesses that want to maximise their growth… There are many Welsh businesses that could grow more quickly and compete internationally if they had more funding and a stronger balance sheet. We are keen to meet those companies and to help them realise their full potential."
Direct Origination / Bristol, Cardiff, Reading
Investor / Cardiff
Portfolio Team / Bristol, Cardiff
Investor / Bristol, Cardiff, Reading
Investor / Bristol, Cardiff
Head of Investments, UK & Ireland / Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Leeds, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Reading
Get business investment in Wales
If your company is eyeing expansion, contact BGF’s Cardiff team. From our office in Cardiff’s Creative Quarter, we support Welsh businesses across a range of industries. Find out more about the effect BGF’s funding and expertise could have on your business.
Business Funding News from Wales
Invenio accelerates growth with USA-based LSI Consulting deal
BGF portfolio company, Invenio Business Solutions, has today announced its merger with LSI Consulting in a move which will deliver…
BGF backs autonomous vehicle software leader Oxbotica
BGF has announced the investment of £6 million in Oxford-headquartered Oxbotica – a global leader in autonomous vehicle software as…