Backing businesses in Cardiff and across South Wales
In 2015, BGF invested £10m in the Brecon-based BVG Group
- BVG is a multichannel retailer specialising in clothing, footwear, homeware and garden products.
- It sells through channels such as mail order, newspaper offers, ecommerce, B2B distribution and online marketplace partners.
BGF backs DevOpsGroup, a UK professional services company based in Cardiff
- The business, which received £3m of funding from BGF in 2018, specialises in training and consultancy to help companies achieve IT modernisation.
- The investment was used to acquire another Cardiff business, the training organisation Agile Snap, in a move that has expanded DevOpsGroup’s training capabilities.
In 2016, BGF invested £2m in the liquid waste management firm Wales Environmental
- This funding, along with £1.75m provided simultaneously by HSBC, has allowed the Cardiff-headquartered business to continue its growth, both organically and through acquisitions.
We provide patient capital to businesses that want to maximise their growth… There are many Welsh businesses that could grow more quickly and compete internationally if they had more funding and a stronger balance sheet. We are keen to meet those companies and to help them realise their full potential."
Get business investment in Wales
If your company is eyeing expansion, contact BGF’s Cardiff team. From our office in Cardiff’s Creative Quarter, we support Welsh businesses across a range of industries. Find out more about the effect BGF’s funding and expertise could have on your business.
Business Funding News from Wales
BGF’s South West team invests over £115 million in 2021
The South West team of BGF has delivered a strong run of investment activity in 2021 after deploying over £115…
BGF celebrates record year in Wales, investing over £26m and completing valuable exit
BGF, the UK and Ireland’s most active investor, is celebrating a record year of investment activity in Wales after investing…